What's Hot and What's Not

What’s Hot

The Other Olsen

Pretty much no one knew there was a third Olsen a few months ago, but after a few stunning photo-shoots, her leading role in Martha Marcy May Marlene and an announcement of a role starring opposite Tom “You’ll always be Draco Malfoy to me” Felton, Elizabeth Olsen is making quite the name for herself, not least because, unlike her sisters, she doesn’t fully embrace the heroin-chic-gone-homeless look. Yay, pretty lady!

Naked II Palette

Oh Urban Decay. You actively describe the latest addition to your large range of eye-shadow palettes as being packed with “twelve taupe and greige neutrals”, and it’s still probably the most coveted palette in existence right now. Hailed as being universally flattering and likely to become a product you’d rather not live without, much like the original Naked palette, the chances of finding one without selling your soul are quickly becoming slim.

CFDA Health Guidelines for Models

Ahead of Fashion Week, the Council of Fashion Designers in America have announced new health initiative guidelines to ensure that models younger than sixteen are removed and those showing signs of an eating disorder must be cleared by a medical professional before they are allowed on the runway. With top modeling agencies pledging to abide by these guidelines, it marks a large step in the right direction in the modeling world.

What’s Not

Lana Del Rey ‘Retiring’

Lana Del Rey has barely released her debut album, Born to Die, and she’s already decided she’s had enough, and that there is nothing more left in the world to inspire her, after basing the record around a break-up. She says, “I don’t think I’ll write another record. What would it say? Everything I wanted to say, I’ve said already.” Love, you’re twenty-five, and you’ve still got a babysitting job. Stick to the music.

Karl Lagerfeld’s apology

So, Karl Lagerfeld thought it would be okay to say Adele is fat and when everyone freaked out at him over it, he claimed it was taken out of context. He has issued the feeblest excuse for an apology and claimed that Adele is his “favourite.” So it’s grand? Please, put it into context, take it out of context, it means the same.

Skanky Underwear

With Valentine’s Day here, there has been a sudden influx of red satin and an indecent amount of rhinestones and multi-coloured jewels in the windows of every shop in the entire world. Stop it now, people of the world. You’re making me feel bad for humanity as a whole. Put more clothes on your mannequins, and make them less shiny.