What's Hot and What's Not

What’s Hot

Mid-season TV breaks being over

You know what’s not cool, TV Gods? Taking away all our favourite shows, and not only when we want to procrastinate during the exam period, but over Christmas too. Why? So you can show Mrs Brown’s Boys over and over again? That’s not a good enough reason. It’s just not. The gradual increase in Grey’s Anatomy and Gossip Girl and decrease in Mrs Brown’s Boys in our lives is very much welcomed.

Skittles Crazy Cores

Just when you thought you could do no more with Skittles than make them sour, and throw in some winter “berry” flavours every other year, Skittles have come up with Crazy Cores. The shell is a different flavour to the core, and they’ve added in flavours that aren’t fruits – madness. Instead of tasting the rainbow, these are supposed to make you experience it – it’s that type of cringe that forces things into What’s Not, but these are too delicious.

The Fault In Our Stars

Author, YouTube celebrity, and general badass John Green’s latest novel, The Fault In Our Stars, was released last week to an extraordinary reception from Nerdfighteria and beyond, which probably made painstakingly signing all 150,000 copies of the first printing thoroughly worth it. If you remain unconvinced about the book, Henry, the cutest one year old who can say awesome there is, will change your mind.

What’s Not

Increases in Bus Fares

Ah here Dublin Bus, stop your messing. Not only have you made it harder to buy rambler bus tickets by introducing Leap Card, your incredibly stupidly named smart-card ticket, but you’ve added roughly a million cent onto bus fares. At this rate it’ll literally be cheaper to get Ryanair to fly us into campus.

Blue Ivy Carter

Beyonce and Jay Z had a baby girl last week which was lovely up until they chose to call it Blue Ivy. It sounds like a nail polish shade or a brand of vodka, or some nightclub you’d find in Naas. Also, Jay Z has already released a ‘duet’ with his newborn daughter. At two days old she was already following in her parent’s footsteps, apparently. Eugh, there are so many things wrong here.

Pasta Earrings for Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana seem to be trying to satisfy models’ hunger pangs by hanging carbs from their ear lobes, and really, it just doesn’t wash. Calories you wear simply don’t count. Painting pasta may have been so hot when we were five, but really pasta should only be used for eating. Let’s not reinvent it any further than that.