Pizza of the Fortnight – Base Wood Fired Pizza

Priding themselves on the fact that they “put the base in pizza base,” Base Wood Fired Pizza is a pizzeria that caters for the customer who want their pizza to have a touch of… je ne sais quoi.

The Bridgestone award-winning pizza joint specialise in delivering artisan style pizza to your door and offer a host of different signature pizzas, including four separate vegetarian options. Prices for their range of 9.5 inch pizzas start at €9.50, while their larger 13 inch size pizzas range between €13.50 and €16.50.

Deals are available from Base Wood Fired Pizza for group booking (more than three orders) and you can even grab one of their affordable deals that allows you to bundle together any 9.5 inch pizza, one side and a drink for €12.50.

Their Bridgestone Award separates this pizzeria from the rest of the pack, with the company winning the prestigious award for four consecutive years due to their commitment to sourcing ingredients from an Italian co-op to bring that extra level of authenticity. They also provide the option of wine delivery from their store in Terenure as late as 9pm.

So if you want trustworthy restaurant quality pizza, and maybe a glass of vino, but don’t quite fancy leaving the house on a cold wintery evening, Otwo recommends that you try Base Wood Fired Pizza. And don’t forget to flash that student card for a 10% discount.

On the 30th of October, Base Wood Fired Pizza are having a free coffee day, details of which can be found on their Facebook page