Otwo Editors Letter

So… you’re back, eh?

Well, I suppose all heads are down in the library, no more Bebo perving, no more attempting the Impossible Quiz, no more rifling through Otwo to distract yourself… Oh… oh dear. Never mind!

Otwo is here to make sure that your breathing remains regular despite the looming exams, and that even if you’re not sure what has been going on in your tutorials over the past few months, you’ll have all the vital cultural information that you could wish for in these 20 pretty pages.

Music couldn’t get any more massive as we meet up with French electro superstars Justice before their sold out gig in the Ambassador and also sit down with the Northern Irish rock-supremes, Snow Patrol, just as their fifth album, A Hundred Million Stars hit the shelves. A flurry of excitement… eh? Like snow flurry! See?! Oh shh.

Keeping with those Northern Irish musicians, Duke Special endulges his eccentricity with Kris Goodbody whilst variety is assured as we talk to British-Jamaican hiphop artist, Roots Manuva, and Irish indie-electronic favourite Jape, not to mention Australian rockers Airbourne and Rory of the Revs fame.

The wonderfully titled Holy Fuck come under the critical glare of Gigabyte and Show Patrol (like Snow Patrol… but ‘Show’) tells you what is on gigwise this November.

TV tackles South Park’s latest offerings and follows Stephen Fry to America, while in film, Otwo examines Quantum of Solace, as well as a look at Of Time and the City and Oliver Stone’s George Bush bio, W.

We lose the odd body part with a preview of The Nose in theatre, art meets beer in Synth Eastwood’s student artistic haven, while the life and times of Joe Strummer are the subject of Icon.

The college diet is scrutinised in Food and Drink, and debating is the challenge of the fortnight for an opinionated Otwo Attempts.

Fashion takes glamour to whole new level as we try out some beautiful ball gowns, and travel takes a quick spin to London and also spends some time in the Windy City that is Chicago. What’s Hot and What’s Not hits the nail on the head yet again and Mystic Mittens scratches away any hope that you may have had for your future.

It’s going to be a long, cold fortnight ahead folks, so curl up in a cosy corner of your respective Block and get reading. Enjoy, or not… whatever.

Yours,
Kate & Paul