Music | CD Review: Pussycat Dolls – Doll Domination

Artist: Pussycat Dolls
Album: Doll Domination
Rating: D-

Bold, brash and wearing less clothes than ever, the Pussycat Dolls are back. The burlesque dance troupe turned pop act have yet again managed to bluff their way through another album. Even with appearances from Snoop Dogg and Missy Elliot along with beats from Timbaland, it doesn’t quite reach the mark.

Doll Domination starts off on a promising note with their latest hit single ‘When I Grow Up’, which contains an addictive beat. Gone, however, are their previous snappy hits, which are replaced by more mainstream and unimaginative tracks such as the second song ‘Bottle Pop’, which sounds distinctly bland.

The whole album seems like a random medley of songs had just been thrown together, especially the song ‘Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps’ which simply doesn’t fit in at all with the ‘space-pop’ sound of the album.

Also, some of the lyrics are just downright childish, with the troupe singing about hairstyles and boyfriends. This fixation with clichéd subject matter renders the music unlistenable in the process.

This is a poor effort which lacks their previous personality and edge, and to be quite frank, it just fails to impress on every level.

In a Nutshell: Only die-hard fans of the group will appreciate this awful album.

Katia Tikhoniouk