Letter from the Eds

Hidely-ho readerinos!

In between obsessively scrolling our way through eyeonspringfield.tumblr.com and throwing darts at SU election posters, we have managed to produce a magazine bursting with interviews, reviews, features and all kinds of other journalistic stuff.

Our features in this penultimate issue include the next big thing in experimental rock – Warpaint chat to our music editor about being an all-girl band, sexism and other sexy stuff like that. We also have interviews with The Low Anthem, Glasser, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart and our resident bespectacled hobbit sits down with The Blackout in our one page non-feature interview.

The other music news at Observer HQ has been all about the barely-teen sensation Rebecca Black, the whiny American songstress who has RUINED FRIDAY FOREVER. Despite the irritations and the domineering evil behemoth (Ark Music Factory) that unleashed this monstrosity, George Morahan faces up to the haytahs from his Soapbox. He may defend her right to sing whatever she wants, but we still defend our right to harshly criticise misguided children.

Our fashion expert Donna Doyle leads the way with her exhibit of local Dublin designs, while Mary Cody takes on the cult of Gaga and Joe Murphy shows you poor menfolk how to dress yourselves. We review upcoming movies Limitless, Country Strong and Essential Killing and some old box set favourites, before evaluating one of the most important aspects of cinema: the sideboob.

Finally, we would like to congratulate everyone in who was nominated in the upcoming National Student Media Awards, it’s been a long year and this makes not having a social life almost worth it. Now back to the library!

Yours faithfully,

Emer and Killian