Food / When the moon hits your eye…

Making pizza requires minimum hassle and results in maximum deliciousness, writes Seán McGovern,
THERE IS THAT myth that students are both so penniless and so lazy that they live eternally on a diet of beans on toast. One half of this myth that may have a semblance of truth about it is that yes in fact, students are lazy. It’s far too easy to call Dominos or Four Star once you fall in the door after a long day of studying or as you prepare for an evening of unwinding.

“Oil, tomato puree, salt and pepper are staples of any student kitchen and, sadly enough, a midnight-sandwich filler”

However, the expense and excess amounts of grease could be spared by mastering the very simple recipe for pizza. Pizza bases are available to buy in most large supermarkets, but making a pizza base is incredibly easy, so easy in fact that www.videojug.com will tell you exactly how to do it. Making dough allows you to make much more than you need, so you can freeze it for future use. This saves both time and money.

The decision of which topping to use is by far the easiest part of the pizza process, allowing a lot of choice and experimentation. Oil, tomato puree, salt and pepper are staples of any student kitchen and, sadly enough, a midnight-sandwich filler. The sauce of tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and even a spoonful of red pesto create the base of every pizza recipe. After this, the choice is up to you.

Our lives are all the richer for having shops like Lidl and Aldi. Pepperoni, mozzarella, onions, pineapple, sweet corn and mushrooms are all available at extremely low prices. Baking any pizza takes 15 or 20 minutes in a medium heated oven.

After you try it once, you will see how easy it is to make one of the staples of the student diet and can then cut all ties with your pizza delivery person for good.