UCDSU Announces Secret Gig on Campus

UCD Student’s Union (UCDSU) has today announced that it will be holding a secret gig on campus on Wednesday 29th October.

The free event will utilise UCD Ent’s app, found on both IOS and Android, that was launched at the start of the year. Tickets to the event will be available exclusively through the app, with patrons having to show they have redeemed the ticket on the night.

The event, to be held in Astra hall, will see a performance from an act that’s debut album went to number one. Speaking exclusively to the University Observer, UCDSU Enterainment and Event Manager, Paul Kilgallon said ‘We are delighted to have this chart topping act on board for a gig on the 29th of October.’

The act will remain a secret until Sunday with Kilgallon explaining ‘All will be revealed this Sunday at 6pm! Tickets will be available exclusively through the UCD Ents app from Sunday onwards.’

UCDSU President, Feargal Hynes also expressed his delight in the announcement saying ‘We always strive for diversity in the talent we bring to UCD and we believe we are doing just that with this act. I’m personally a huge fan of this act and really excited to hear the act live in UCD.,

This announcement brings the newest reward available to students who have downloaded the UCD ENT’s app. The app, which was a manifesto promise from Hynes, was launched to allow students to redeem offers and vouchers from a range of companies and also to buy tickets for UCD ENTS events throughout the year in a simple and quick manner.