UCD School of Social Justice to host graduate conference

This Saturday sees the UCD School of Social Justice welcome graduates and guests from across Ireland, for their graduate conference “Challenging Injustice in Ireland: Learning from the Past, Actions for the Future”. The conference will consist of 40 graduates, presenting their research on a variety of themes relating to injustice in Ireland over the years and where they believe it is going to. The conference will consist of a mixture of short and long speeches varying from 5 to 15 minutes in length and a panel discussion.

The topics include, but are not limited to; gender, education, politics development, equality and women’s studies. Guests include Minister of State for Equality, New Communities and Culture Aodhán Ó Ríordáin TD, Professor Peadar Kirby, Professor Emeritus, International Politics and Public Policy at the University of Limerick, journalist and commentator Vincent Browne, Cathleen O’Neill of the Kilbarrack Community Development Project, Professor Kathleen Lynch of the UCD School of Social Justice, and Professor Emeritus of the UCD School of Social Justice John Baker.

Students, staff and visitors are all welcome to attend and are invited to register prior to the event. The conference, which is free to attend, will be held in the Fitzgerald Chamber this Saturday, 4th October 10 am to 4.30 pm.