UCD ENTS Announces Dates for Fashion Show

UCD ENTS have announced that the Nissan Next Generation UCD Fashion Show will be held on the 18th  and 19th of February in Astra Hall . UCD ENTS manager, Paul Kilgallon said that he was “delighted” to be running the show again, following it’s successful outing in 2014.

Last year, the show raised a record €10,000 for the Jack Kavanagh Fund. For the 2015 show, all proceeds raised will go to the Irish charity Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY). It was set up by Michael and Marie Greene in 2002, following the death of their teenage son Peter, who died of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS). CRY provides free support and screening to those who have lost family members due to SADS.

The theme of this year’s show is “Seven Deadly Sins” and the models will be embracing each of the sins  (Pride, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony and Lust). On the first night of the show, students from design schools from all around the country will showcase their unique designs to the audience and the Young Designer of the Year will be chosen.

On the second night, the winner of the 2012 Young Designer of the Year Award, Maria Lola Roche, will debut her new collection. Roche was the first ever Irish designer to be nominated for the Designer for Tomorrow Award, which is judged by Tommy Hilfiger. Her work has been showcased extensively across the Irish media.

The show is set to be officially launched on the 4th February in UCD. In attendance will be Maria Lola Roche, Jessica Hayes (current Miss Ireland) ,and Darragh Fanning of Leinster Rugby, who is also a patron of CRY.