Republic of Loose and O Emperor to play UCD Ball

Republic of Loose and O Emperor are among the acts that have been confirmed at this year’s UCD Ball on April 21st.

While the headline acts are yet to be announced, other confirmed acts include Lyaz, I-Rate Sound System, Bluemoose, Royseven, Fourplay, Frank Jez & Tando, Hogan, the Battle of the Bands winners, Daft Funk, Brian Maher (Spin 103.8), Fight Like Apes, Lost in Flight, Brandon Block, Disco of Doom, Casette Jam, and Red n’ Head.

UCDSU Ents Vice-President Jonny Cosgrove is confident that this will be the fastest selling UCD Ball yet, as a result of many months of preparation: “We have put a lot of time and effort into ensuring that the musical bill covers everything,” he said. “We tick all the boxes, from ensuring the best international festival DJs, to home-grown talent to the cheesiest of the cheese and our own UCD talent take the stage.”

Confusion was rife since construction begun on the new Sutherland School of Law at last year’s Ball site as to where this year’s event was to be held, yet it is now understood that it will be held at the running track on the N11 side of the campus.

Cosgrove spoke of the changes being made on last year’s event as well as the publicity he expects it to obtain: “This is looking to build on last year’s success as we move it to a more permanent home, bump up the lineup, our largest and most diverse to date, as well as adding in a carnival which was absent last year due to a licensing issue which we have built on this year. We are also looking to confirm that Spin 103.8, UCD Ents media partner for the first time this year, shall broadcast live from the event.”

Cosgrove confirmed that he and his Ents Crew are currently in the process of implementing security measures in conjunction with the Gardaí and with university authorities.

Cosgrove says the ball will be “a day to remember, an event you can’t miss” and expressed his gratitude towards the organisers of the event: “Finding the new location and setting what was an extremely tough budget, I am happy to say the UCD Ball will be the cherry on top and I’m so thankful to everyone who has and has yet to put blood, sweat and tears into this unique event.”

Cosgrove concluded that the event will mark the culmination of a very successful Ents year and that he wants it to be the best Ents event yet: “I’ll only be happy when I see the thousands of attendees having a great day to cap off a year of high.”

Tickets for this year’s end of term UCD Ball are set to go on sale tomorrow outside the library and on UCDEnts.com, with the headline act to be confirmed later this week.