Little Green Cars to play free gig in UCD

UCD Students’ Union (UCDSU) has tonight announced that Irish band Little Green Cars will perform a free gig for students in Astra Hall on 29 October.

Last Thursday the University Observer announced that UCDSU was to hold a ‘Secret Gig’ on campus with tickets being solely available through the UCD ENTS app. The event will be a free seated concert with students having to secure tickets through the app from 8pm tonight (Sunday).

Speaking about securing Little Green Cars as the event’s headline act, UCDSU Entertainment and Event Manager, Paul Kilgallon described it as ‘a real coup’ for UCD to have them for this free intimate gig.

On the band, who has garnered critical acclaim and a number one album, Kilgallon says ‘Little Green Cars are one of the best Irish acts around at the moment. They’ve been around for a few years now knocking the socks off of everyone who has seen them live.’

UCDSU President Feargal Hynes shares this belief saying ‘Little Green Cars are a great band and really demonstrate that the Irish music scene is thriving at the moment. We’re delighted to have them on board for this intimate, seated only gig.’

Hynes also states that this announcement proves that UCDSU are striving to have a wider choice in entertainment on campus for students. He says ‘From the Academic and Cascada at the Freshers Ball to the Comedy Festival with Des Bishop and Bernard O’Shea we really want to have something for everyone.’