Dates announced for UCDSU elections

UCD Students’ Union (UCDSU) have announced the dates for two upcoming referendums. Dates for this year’s executive elections were also announced.

UCDSU has been planning to hold two referendums on February 10th and 11th. The first concerns the proposed constitutional reforms that, if passed, will see the Union bring back the Campaigns & Communications officer position that was abolished in 2013 and remove pay for faculty convenors and other part-time elected positions. A referendum on the Union’s pro-marriage equality stance will also be held.

Each campaign must have designated campaign leaders per UCDSU guidelines. The yes campaign for constitutional reform will be led by Conor Rock, Paul Dockery and Lexi Kilmartin, while the yes vote on marriage equality campaign will be managed by Sam Blanckensee and Grace Williams. The returning office is seeking applications for students to manage the no campaign in both referendums.

Elections to the Union’s executive positions will be held on March 3rd and 4th, with nominations closing on February 16th. The elections will appoint the Union’s President, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Education Officers, and the Welfare Officer. A Campaigns & Communications Officer will also be appointed if the constitutional referendum passes.