Darcy confirms acts for Semester Two

Students’ Union Ents Officer, Stephen Darcy has a number of acts lined up for Semester Two, including DJ Rankin, Cheesefest Take II, and The Kanyu Tree, with an aim to make events “cheaper for people, make things more interesting, get in quirkier acts to retain people’s interest and keep it fresh.”

Cheesefest Take II will take place in the second week of semester, with 5ive and SClub already confirmed. Speaking about the event, Darcy said he felt “it was the right thing to do to bring them back. Everyone was really excited the last time and I felt like I let everyone down.” Tickets are €8 and are available online and in all SU outlets.

January 26th sees The Kanyu Tree doing a Redbull Bedroom Session gig on campus. The Irish trio of brothers are set to spend a full day on campus, building a bedroom set on the concourse, from where they will play and promote the gig. UCD act, The Curtain Thieves, will be supporting the band.

Week Three is RAG week, which despite many details yet to be finalised, is set to see Mord Fustang headline the bar that Thursday, February 2nd. The electro DJ has recently reached number one on the Beatport Download charts.

Keen to maintain momentum, Darcy does anticipate a slight dwindling of participation in Semester Two, as he maintains is usual for the final semester of the year, but he is determined to counter any decrease in enthusiasm by varying events in order to keep them interesting. “I don’t want it all to become stale.”

Darcy considered releasing an Ents single for RAG week, however, time constraints have prevented this from happening. Darcy remains eager for it to go ahead later in the semester.

He recognises it as something that “could potentially catch people’s interest a lot, getting people involved in the music, instruments, recording, production, and general fun … I want to get as many students involved as possible, and it seems like something that could actually generate a bit of money for charity.”

The first week back sees DJ Rankin return to the Student Bar for Thursday Night Live with admission €3 at the door.