Annie Mac, Katy B and The Rubberbandits confirmed as UCD Ball headliners

Three days prior to the event taking place, the UCD Ball lineup has been announced for the annual event that has come to somewhat represent the end of the academic year, with acts including Annie Mac, Katy B and The Rubberbandits set to perform.

At the start of April there was huge doubt the event would take place following an apparent refusal by UCD authorities to adhere to stipulated requirements in the Planning and Development (licensing of outdoor events) regulations 2001. The event license requires all roads on UCD campus to be closed for the duration of the event, a stipulation UCD authorities refused to commit to.

Following a determined Save Our Ball campaign, led by UCD Students’ Union, hoping to overturn the University’s decision not to adhere to stipulated agreements necessary for the UCD Ball to take place, a conclusion was reached between both parties for the end of year festivity to be held on Saturday 23rd of April.

Criticism has continued to be aimed at the Students’ Union even in the aftermath of the new agreement with UCD authorities and the revised date for the UCD Ball, as students lamented the decision to hold UCD Ball on Easter Saturday.

The protracted discussions with UCD authorities has curtailed the time available to Entertainments Officer, Jonny Cosgrove, to reorganise UCD Ball and resulted in the announcement of the full line up being so close to the event itself.

Those set to take to the two stage set up at the running track include O-two columnists Fight Like Apes, 5ive, Sub Focus and Sister Blues (Faithless), with headliners of the event being Annie Mac, Katy B and The Rubberbandits.

Tickets for the event are still available for €39.99 from the Students’ Union Library shop and UCDEnts.com.

A full lineup for the UCD Ball can be found here