Column: Heathers

Hello Everyone!

Hope you all survived Halloween and have purchased your Advent calendar. If it doesn’t have chocolate in it and you haven’t eaten them all already I’m afraid it doesn’t count!

We’ve been quite busy since our last entry, working hard and having some fun in between! We went to see Marina and the Diamonds play in the Olympia at the end of October. It was fantastic. What a woman. We also had the opportunity to meet her, which was amazing. We secretly know all the words to her new album.

In other news, we’ve been invited to play at the Oscar Wilde party in LA in the new year during Oscar week. It’s an incredible event, honouring the Irish in film at J.J Abrams’ Bad Robot. Yes, he’s the guy who brought us Star Trek and LOST and Super 8 and Mission Impossible.

This weekend we will be attending our very first award ceremony, the ‘Tatler Woman of the Year’ awards! We’ll be there on behalf of the wonderful Maria Doyle Kennedy who has been nominated for Music’s Woman of the Year! I am having a recurring nightmare where I get caught in a table and trip up in front of everyone so let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

We mentioned in our last entry that we will be announcing some Heathers tour dates shortly. The first to be announced is a Dublin gig in the beautiful Pepper Canister church. Both James Vincent McMorrow and Lisa Hannigan have played here recently enough and it’s meant to be stunning. It’s also an all ages gig which is exciting! It will be a slightly paired back set and our fabulous band mates Tom and Boomer will be joining us. Tickets are on sale from Ticketmaster now. We’ll have lots of nice surprises in store!

Lastly, tomorrow we trek up to Belfast to do a TV recording for gifted live which we can’t wait for! It will be filmed in front of a live audience and we’ll be playing along side the likes of Mick Flannery and Jerry Fish.  We’re also hoping we’ll be able to stop off in the Titanic Museum while we’re there!

Until next time!

Hugs and Kisses xox

Ellie and Louise