Fashion: You know you love me

Spotted: a number of UCD students looking sharp and slick, without a tracksuit in sight… Looks like New York’s Upper East Side glamour has landed in D4 just in time for spring, writes Sophie Lioe

A headband here, a pair of chinos there; injecting a little Upper East Side into your everyday wardrobe is not actually as unattainable as Blake Lively’s impeccably groomed hair or Blair Waldorf’s sprawling designer handbag collection. To brighten up a dull Monday morning tutorial, here’s our guide to bringing a little XOXO to your outfit.

For the girls, take a leaf out of Blair’s copy book and go preppy, with a girlish twist. Famous for her love of bows, schoolgirl hair bands and penchant for pearls – these are easy additions to your wardrobe that won’t cost a fortune. Forget the Chanel bag and go for a sleek, minimalist Penny’s alternative and you’ll have the beginnings of a Gossip Girl makeover on a student budget.

Those of us for whom the thought of matching twinsets and pearls is a little too much, then do not despair – the key here is androgynous dressing; and look no further than Gossip Girl’s very own style mogul Chuck Bass. The king of slick suits and responsible for bringing the age of the gentleman back into the spotlight. To make your look less sugary sweet, think brogues, blazers and the odd preppy jumper, and your look is complete.

For the guys, it is a fine line between looking sharp and looking like you’re going on a pub/golf-themed night out, but stick to the basics of a pair of chinos and perhaps the odd polo neck and you’ll get this pared down look right. And avoid looking like you’ve robbed your dad’s golfing wardrobe. Blair and Chuck had better watch out.

Models: Daisy Onubugu, Lauren McKeown and Raymond Fullham

Stylist: Kieran Murphy

Photographer: Elizabeth Treacy

Raymond Wears

T-Shirt – €12

Shirt – €18.99

Cardigan – €19.99

Trousers – €19.99

All menswear from New Look

Shoes – Model’s Own

Lauren Wears

Lace up flats – €19.99 New Look

T-Shirt – €20 A-Wear

Bag – €25 A-Wear

Shorts – €30 A-Wear

Daisy Wears

Coat – €60 A-Wear

Purple blouse – €30 A-Wear

Pants – €35 A-Wear

Skirt – €30 A-Wear

Red Blouse – €30 A-Wear

Lace up heels – €25 New Look