UCD Med-Day

Med Soc take us through one of their biggest events of the year.

MedDay is arguably Med Soc’s biggest event of the year but without a doubt our most charitable. Last year we raised €27,000 and this year, have ambitions of raising even more.

We are coming back bigger and better than ever. Rather than having our usual random spread of events leading up to and after MedDay, we are having a WHOLE week dedicated to fundraising for the wonderful charities we are representing this year. From Open Mic nights, to pub quizzes and bake sales, there’s something on every night, there is something on for everyone and all proceeds are going to very worthy causes.

Another new addition this year is our online donating platform, which we will link to on our Facebook page. So if you happen to miss us on the 21st or can’t make it to any of our fantastic events you can still get involved by donating from home!

The charities we are supporting this year are a diverse and deserving compilation. Alone provides Supportive Housing to hundreds of older people every week, who are homeless, socially isolated, living in deprivation or in crisis. The Saplings Schools, a co-educational specialist schools, providing quality education for pupils with autism and complex needs. The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation provides direct funding, to families of children with brain damage up to the age of 4 who suffer severe intellectual and physical developmental delay. Last but not least, the foundations of our two teaching hospitals, the Mater Misericordiae and St. Vincent’s University Hospital.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to contribute and donate to all these great charities and show us some love and support on the 21st of October!